A unique, comprehensive, non-surgical, multi-disciplinary assessment and treatment program for chronic pelvic, genital and sexual pain.
Since 2001, Dr. Robert Echenberg has carefully developed one of the only comprehensive clinical programs in the nation that has incorporated the newest research in pain while caring for over fifteen hundred women and a growing number of men with a variety of these painful disorders related to the pelvic region. Large numbers of Dr. Echenberg's patients have previously undergone multiple invasive diagnostic or surgical procedures for their pain, and have already been seen by multiple medical and surgical specialists.
Starting with the very first visit to our program, it becomes immediately clear that our approach to your symptoms and health is dealt with in a comprehensive, caring and completely individualized fashion. We want to help you towards the goal of "getting your life back" as quickly and as realistically as possible.
The purpose for this direct conversation with Dr. Echenberg primarily will be to give you educational information about your issues and our program. The doctor obviously cannot give you direct medical advice, but you will certainly be able to make a better decision about seeing him in Pennsylvania once you talk with him directly.
Therapeutic Options in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
or Online Consultation from anywhere in the world
Concierge type practice - a physician visit like you have never experienced!
Basic Package for new patient visit: Updated March1, 2021
- We are now doing initial consultation visits exclusively online on a HIPPA compliant platform
- These video new patient visits can be 60 or 90 minutes long and are currently directly with Dr. Echenberg
- At this time in early 2021, Anna Koopman, an experienced women's health nurse practitioner is sitting in on many of these visits and is learning the Echenberg protocol that has been evolving over the past 20 years
- At this first visit, Dr. Echenberg and Anna will have already fully evaluated your questionnaire that we would have advised you to send back to us before setting up the consultation. That way, you don't have to start from scratch with your story, and Dr. E and Anna already will have had clues to possible diagnoses or general reasons for why you are having your particular symptoms.
- Then there are several possibilities:
- Setting up a follow-up one hour video call to provide many resources and start developing a possible treatment plan. Also we will advise you on what type of team to find in your local community - or you may choose to plan:
- An office visit in our Bethlehem, PA office which would be a 2 hour visit. We then would do a careful and complete specialized physical exam, provide treatments as needed for helping to diagnose and begin therapy for your particular "triggers" of your pelvic, genital and sexual pain disorder.
- In most instances, at that first visit to see us, treatments such as trigger point injections, peripheral nerve blocks, bladder instillation therapy, all would be included and provided if needed.
- In some cases, we would possibly arrange for Botox to be placed into your pelvic floor muscles, a technique that Dr. Echenberg has been doing in the office setting for over 10 years. He learned this technique years ago from one of the pelvic pain pioneers in the field, Dr. Deborah Coady, gynecologist and co-author of "Healing Painful Sex"
- Review of evidence-based, multi-disciplinary diagnoses and management of chronic pelvic, genital, and/or sexual pain
- Following an in person visit you would become a full patient of the Echenberg Institute and we would do follow-up visits with you by video or in person, depending on your location and individual needs.
- We would then become a significant part of your therapeutic team and would work with you at your own pace
- Advanced education on how pain is processed and how this affects your experience of pain
- A comprehensive individualized medical treatment plan by Dr. Echenberg and Anna Koopman
- Referrals given for specialized pelvic floor physiotherapists and integrated counseling modalities, dietary , exercise, and mind/body techniques to help lower your "dial" of danger and pain.
- Integrative care program which is multi-disciplinary, multi-modality and multi-organ system.
Dr. Echenberg believes in treating the "whole person" for these types of complex pelvic, genital and sexual pain disorders - bringing a support person of your choice with you is highly recommended. Support and understanding from those around you is so vital for best therapeutic response
All-Inclusive Intensive Evaluation Option - for long distance travelers
- 3 day (4 night) arrive Sunday, leave Thursday or Friday - see Dr. Echenberg and Anna Koopman for 3 visits
This week away from home, with a support person of your choice, in our caring, quiet, therapeutic and safe environment can be life changing!
- We have had good success for a number of patients traveling from out of town, with our 3 day intensive visit, which includes assessment and treatments from Dr. Echenberg, time to relax, absorb and process our approach, and plan a continued regimen back home, continued periodic telemedicine visits, and to revisit us at reasonable intervals.
- Following this evaluation you would be a fully registered patient of the Institute and we would be able to be available for you and prescribe for you in most cases.
- Multi-disciplinary evaluation and therapies will be optional but recommended during the time with us; for example we offer access to physiotherapy, energy and mind/body techniques such as Reiki, Mindfulness, gentle Yoga, etc.
- Beginning March 1, 2021 - we will be associated with and under the same roof as "Restoration Space", a multi-disciplinary consortium of a number of integrative practitioners.
The cost for seeing Dr. Echenberg with this option, (as an "out of network patient") will be an all-inclusive, one-time fee including any types of treatments that he administers and feels would be indicated for your specific needs. Although transportation and hotel plans are not part of the package, we will help guide you in making these arrangements. For this option, you also need to fully complete a questionnaire and do a telemedicine first visit with one of our providers.
Click here to download female or male questionnaire (then hit your browser back button to return to our site) and return it to us at info@TheEchenbergInstitute.com We will then set up communication with you to schedule a first visit with Dr. Echenberg.
There are also options to speak with Dr. Echenberg on a HIPPA compliant Telemedicine platform. Click here to see Telemedicine options. For a 30, 60 or 90 minute personalized appointment online you also must submit to us your fully filled out questionnaire.
Initial Contact information: E-mail: info@TheEchenbergInstitute.com Fax: 610-868-0204
Payment Plan Options: Complete Fee Schedule Available upon Request
Our program is not accepting any private, state or Medicare reimbursements. It will be payment by cash, money order, check or any major credit card. You will be an "out of network" patient, and following payment at the time of service, we will give you a full receipt stating the exact coding and charges to submit to your carrier for any type of re-imbursement allowed in your plan. Should you need help with any of our upfront fees, we will guide you through the process of receiving CareCredit that can allow you an interest-free loan for up to a full 18-months. Ask about this option today!