A unique, comprehensive, non-surgical, multi-disciplinary assessment and treatment program for chronic pelvic, genital and sexual pain.
Since 2001, Dr. Robert Echenberg has carefully developed one of the only comprehensive clinical programs in the nation that has incorporated the newest research in pain while caring for over eighteen hundred women and a growing number of men with a variety of these painful disorders related to the pelvic region. Many of Dr. Echenberg's patients have previously undergone multiple invasive diagnostic or surgical procedures for their pain, and have already been seen by multiple medical and surgical specialists.
Starting with the very first visit to our program, it becomes immediately clear that our approach to your symptoms and health is dealt with in a comprehensive, caring and completely individualized fashion. We want to help you towards the goal of "getting your life back" as quickly and as realistically as possible.
The purpose for this direct conversation with Dr. Echenberg primarily will be to give you educational information about your issues and our program. Dr. E obviously cannot give you direct medical advice, but you will certainly be able to make a better decision about seeing us in Pennsylvania once you talk with him directly.
Therapeutic Options in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
or Online Consultation from anywhere in the world
Concierge type practice - a healthcare visit like you have never experienced!
Basic Package for new patient visit: Updated August 2022.
- We are now doing initial consultation visits exclusively online on a HIPPA compliant platform whatever your geographic location - whether close to us or from a distance.
- These video new patient visits are generally 2+ hours long and are directly with Dr. Echenberg.
- At this first visit, Dr. Echenberg will have already fully evaluated your extensive questionnaire that you will have sent back to us before setting up the consultation. That way, you don't have to start from scratch with your story, and Dr. E already will have likely clues to probable diagnoses or general reasons for why you are having your particular pelvic pain symptoms.
- Appropriate resources will be provided during that first consultation and careful advice is given to begin forming a therapeutic team in your local community.
- Then there are several possibilities depending on your geographical location and ability to travel to see us in person:
- Setting up follow-up video calls to provide more detailed resources and help you develop an overall treatment plan. Or:
- A 2 hour visit to see us at our Bethlehem, PA office. At that visit we would do a careful and complete specialized physical exam, provide treatments as needed for helping to diagnose and begin therapy for the particular "triggers" of your personal pelvic, genital and sexual pain disorder.
- In most instances, at that first visit to see us, treatments such as trigger point injections, peripheral nerve blocks, bladder instillation therapy, all would be included and provided if needed.
- In some cases, we would arrange for Botox to be placed into your pelvic floor muscles, a technique that Dr. Echenberg has been doing in the office setting for over 10 years. He learned this technique years ago from one of the pioneers in the field of pelvic and sexual pain, Dr. Deborah Coady, gynecologist and co-author of "Healing Painful Sex"
- Review of evidence-based, multi-disciplinary diagnoses and management of chronic pelvic, genital, and/or sexual pain.
- Following an in person visit you would become a full patient of the Echenberg Institute and we would do follow-up visits with you by video or in person, depending on your location and individual needs.
- We would then become a significant part of your therapeutic team and would work with you at your own pace
- You will be provided with advanced education on how pain is processed and how this affects your experience of pain
- A comprehensive individualized medical treatment plan by Dr. Echenberg.
- Referrals are likely to be given for specialized pelvic floor physiotherapists and integrated counseling modalities, dietary , exercise, and mind/body techniques to help lower your "dial" of danger and pain.
- Integrative care program which is multi-disciplinary, multi-modality and multi-organ system.
Dr. Echenberg believes in treating the "whole person" for these types of complex pelvic, genital and sexual pain disorders - bringing a support person of your choice with you is highly recommended. Support and understanding from those around you is so vital for best therapeutic response
All-Inclusive Intensive Evaluation Option - for long distance travelers
- 3 day (4 night) arrive Sunday, leave Thursday or Friday - see Dr. Echenberg for 2 or 3 visits.
This week away from home, with a support person of your choice, in our caring, quiet, therapeutic and safe environment can be life changing!
- We are now associated under the same roof with "Restoration Space", a consortium of like-minded multi-specialty integrative professionals including physical therapy, massage therapy, Pilates, gentle Yoga, and even counseling. We can help you decide which modalities would best suit your needs and help you put together the proper healthcare team to aid in your recovery back home.
- We have had good success for a number of patients traveling from out of town, with our 3-4 day intensive visit, which includes assessment and treatments from Dr. Echenberg, time to relax, absorb and process our approach, and plan a continued regimen back home, continued periodic telemedicine visits, and to revisit us at reasonable intervals.
- Following this evaluation you would be a fully registered patient of the Institute and we would be able to be available for you and prescribe for you in most cases.
The cost for seeing Dr. Echenberg with this option, (as an "out of network patient") will be an all-inclusive, one-time fee including any types of treatments that he administers and feels would be indicated for your specific needs. Although transportation and hotel plans are not part of the package, we will help guide you in making these arrangements. For this option, you also need to first fully complete a questionnaire and do a telemedicine visit with Dr. E.
Click here to download female or male questionnaire (then hit your browser back button to return to our site) and return it to us at info@TheEchenbergInstitute.com
We will then set up communication with you to schedule a first visit with Dr. Echenberg.
Initial Contact information: Phone: In US: 610-868-0104
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 610-868-0204
Payment Plan Options: Complete Fee Schedule Available upon Request
Our program is not accepting any private, state or Medicare reimbursements. It will be payment by cash, money order, check or any major credit card. You will be an "out of network" patient, and following payment at the time of service, we will give you a full receipt stating the exact coding and charges to submit to your carrier for any type of re-imbursement allowed in your plan. Should you need help with any of our upfront fees, we will guide you through the process of receiving CareCredit that can allow you an interest-free loan for up to a full 18-months. Ask about this option today!